Monday, March 5, 2012

The "Walk-Thru Video"

I get why the "walk-thru video" is popular... you get a feel for the property space and layout and they are easier/cheaper to shoot. What I am not happy about is the cheap look they have and the ever changing lighting, too dark to too bright.With all of this in mind, I am trying to find a way to shoot a classy, well lite video technique that is not too expensive to shoot and edit. I have seen an impressive walk-thru where the videograher knew how to use a steadicam properly, It was smooth with many clips edited together instead of one long walk through. The result was a more pro look and less of that slasher-movie feel.

At this time, I am slowly perfecting a way to shoot Hollywood-style videos quickly using dolly-glides, very portable lighting and some steadicam work. My first try took 3 hours to shoot and now I am down to 45 min. Promising, if I can also reduce the editing time as well. Sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M17K61DhBKE&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment